Employee Screening | Online HR Tools | Integrity Assessments
Lying in the hiring process: What HR needs to know
Apr 12, 2013
Where are those lies being concentrated? Here are the 10 most common lies on resumes, courtesy of Marquet International:
- Stretching work dates
- Inflating past accomplishments and skills
- Enhancing job titles and responsibilities
- Exaggerating educational background
- Inventing periods of “self-employment” to cover up unemployment
- Omitting past employment
- Faking credentials
- Falsifying reasons for leaving prior employment
- Providing false references, and
- Misrepresenting a military record.
Read the full article ….